Monday, May 07, 2007

Thursday, May 3rd

On Thursday I spent the whole day getting read to leave for trip. Wile Rodney and Amy were in School, David and I went and got the Oil changed on the Van. Then we came home and packed. Once every one was home we left around 4:30 p.m. I had plenty of things to keep the boy entertained for the long car ride. They had new coloring books, Library books, toys, and Car bingo games. We stopped for dinner after about an hour at Cracker Barrel. We had hoped the boys would fall asleep after dinner or before we got to Chicago. But was not be, they were both up until 10:30 p.m. our time 9:30 local time. We got in to Milwaukee about 11:30 p.m. local time. We were staying with my grade mother in her retirement home; there were guest rooms available at a cheaper rate than the hotel. The Idea of saving some money and spending more time with my Grandmother was a great for me. Also it would give the boys a chance to get to know their Gee Gee (great Grandma).

No comments: