Saturday, June 02, 2007

Trader Joe's


About a year ago Trader Joe’s opened up near us. They are a grocery chain that is opening up all over the country. There are five things that make Trader Joe’s stand out form the rest. We really love them

One: their stores are small, and don’t have every thing under the sun. I go to Kroger or Meijer to get groceries and I end up spending and arm and a leg on food I don’t need.

Two they carry lots of unique and hard to find food. Some of it is vegetarian, organic, or just plane good for you. I really like a lot of their Trader Joe’s brands. We all love their pot stickers and Pierogis. They have a good cheese selection as well.

Three: their prices are very good. I can get milk and OJ (not from concentrate) for 2.99. Every time I shop there I spend less money on a fuller cart. All of their food cost less than else ware at a lower cost.

Four: their philosophy. They are good to the environment, with out the high prices (like at Whole Foods). They work well as a team, all the staff there are happy. I love the fact that the have things to help you be more aware of ways you can help the environment, they sell reusable bags at a low cost (see above). We use them for every thing even going on trip. I even take them in to other stores when I can.

Five: their fine wine and Beer selection. They have lots of good wines and beers to chose form. Now I’m not much of a wine drinker but their prices are good and they have people on staff that can help you find the right wine for you. The thing I really like is their selection of beer. The price is good and you can by a 6 pack of cans for around $3. The best part is you can mix and match your 6 packs of bottled beer and try them out. I have done this a few time and found some really great beer.

No comments: