Thursday, June 07, 2007

Does any one have $1000 we can borrow?

Well the boys’ school is about to come to an end for this year. And I have to tell you I am looking forward to them being done. I could really use the rest. Yes having them home may not be all that restful, but I will not have to run all over the place. Also I was volunteering at the school a lot this year. I need a brake from that.

So this summer I will have both boys home and will need to put them on a schedule. But not one like the school gives them. I think kids should enjoy their summers off. However my kids need to have some sort of structure or they will drive everyone insane. I plan to have work books for them, and take them swimming. Also we will go to the library and the comic book store once a week. However they will not just sit in front of the TV.

Also this week we found that we have lots of water damage in our bathroom. This is from a slow leek under the tub due to poor pluming. My dad came down to help me fix the pluming and work out what to do. It looks like I will have to replace 3 or 4 of the wall panels and most of the floor around the tub. It would seem that when this modular home was built they really went cheep on the material. The floor should have been water proof and the walls.

I call my home owner’s insurance about the damage. I need to call them any way because of the boys. We came to find out last week that they had scratched the neighbors new van with there bikes. This was on the same day that David got his new bike. We had told them both to stay out of other people’s drive ways and yards, and not to ride their bikes near cars. So one of them was riding next to the van and hit it with the handle bar of his bike. The other yelled at him not to do it. So the other one said he was going to do it again, and did. To make things worse then the other did it to. The coast of the repair will be over $800. We were just dumb founded over this. I at least have a $500 deductible. We also took away their bikes and the privilege to go out side with out an adult for a wile.

One would think that two six year olds could just play out side of the house. We do however realize that our kids are an exception. This could be contributed to their being adopted or just plan old being a kid. Being a parent is a lot of work. We also will have to stay close to home this summer. We need to pay for the repairs to our home and the neighbors van.

To blow some steam off I spent a lot of time this week in my garden. And I have some new blooms growing. Things will get better and next week I’ll take the boys on a bike ride.



No comments: