Saturday, January 13, 2007

Monty Python's Holy Grail... or how I'm turning my kids in to geeks


One of the great things about bring a parent is watching your kids get in to the same things as you. Rodney and David have become big fans of Monty Python's Holy Grail. Some much so they can quote and act out some of the scenes from the movie. A few months back we were at my parents and the boys were acting out the scene of the monks doing a gorgonian chant and hitting them self's on the head with a board. Rodney and David of course were using books to do this, it was quite funny.

Then more resonantly at my parents again they were playing in the back yard and David was pretending to be the "old man from scene 24" or the Bridge keeper. And David said "Stop. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see" It was very cute.

We, meaning me and the boys, even say "Ni" to each other and the other will act out as if he is in pain. Just like the Knights of Ni, Amy thinks we are all quite silly.


No comments: